Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless 4-Speed, Auto Stop, One Touch ¼” Hex Impact Driver, Tool Only (DTD171Z)
Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the 18v LXT brushless 4-speed impact driver (dtd171z) sets new standards. The dtd171z offers users four speeds, as well as Makita’s exclusive quick-shift mode for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift mode uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is tightening mode (t-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work.
The dtd171z delivers industry-leading performance in a compact and ergonomic design. Added features include the one-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck, which enables one-handed speed changes, and reverse rotation auto-stop mode which stops rotation and impact when the fastener is loosened adequately to help prevent over-loosening and dropped fasteners.
- Precision: 4 stage impact power selection + TEK 1, TEK 2, ‘Cam-Out’ prevention, and variable speed trigger to ensure precise fastening and prevent damage to fasteners. Auto-Stop modes mode stops impact and rotation after the fastener is loosened.
- Ergonomics: Quick-change memory mode allows the operator to rapidly toggle between two registered settings. Ergonomic soft rubber grip design for vibration absorption and comfortable operation, Twin LED lights to illuminate the work area.
- Efficiency: The Brushless Motor offers high power to weight/size ratio, less heat buildup, smoother operation, and up to 50% longer run-time per charge.
- LXT Advantage: The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion System is compatible with 320+ products. Makita LXT batteries have the fastest charge time in class. The battery protection system provides over-discharge, temperature, and current protection for enhanced performance, battery cycle life, and overall battery life.
- Durability: Backed by a 3-Year Limited Warranty*. Equipped with Makita’s eXtreme Protection Technology (XPT) and battery protection system, provides enhanced protection against dust and water and enhanced lifespan of the battery. Enhanced anvil holder rigidity with ball bearings reduces bit wobbling.
|Place of Business||Whitby, ON L1N 7B7, CA|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Item model number||DTD171Z|
|Torque||1590 Inch Pounds|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||DTD171Z, Hook (346449-3)|
|Warranty Description||3-Year Limited Warranty|
|Item Weight||880 g|